Looking for great dinner salad recipes
June 23, 2014 10:26 AM Subscribe
Give me your crunchy, your cool, your refreshing flavors yearning to breathe free. Favorite dinner salad recipes and ideas, please?
posted by peachfuzz to Food & Drink (41 answers total) 207 users marked this as a favorite
It's summer, and all we want to eat are gigantic flavor-packed salads for dinner every night. We have some go-tos but I'm always looking for more ideas—got any favorites?
- We are adventurous omnivores and capable cooks but would rather not use the oven. Grill and stovetop are fine.
- We like big, savory flavors and aren't huge fans of super-sweet salads (though a little judicious fruit here and there is fine).
- Bonus for starchless ideas or those where losing the starch isn't a problem.
- We love a mix of textures, flavors, and temperatures.
- Bring on your interesting greens and in-season produce
Things already in the rotation, to give you a sense of the kind of thing we like: Seared skirt steak over arugula and blue cheese and cherry tomatoes with a sharp mustard + Worcestershire vinaigrette, sometimes topped with homemade onion straws if we're feeling crazy; Greek salad with chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta; marinated kale with lemon and parm topped with grilled fish; grilled romaine with Caeser-ish vinaigrette and chicken; Thai style salads with cucumber and fish sauce; cabbage-sesame-peanut-orange with grilled tofu.
Marinade ideas, dressing ideas, bring it! Our waistlines and AC-less bungalow kitchen thank you.