Recommend helpdesk solution for chat and e-mail support with ticketing?
June 4, 2014 8:06 PM Subscribe
I work for a small eCommerce company that provides customer support via live chat and e-mail, and relies heavily on it. The people who chat with the agents are not necessarily people who have bought or sold anything or even used the site yet, so being able to ask questions in real time could help them decide whether to use our site. We would like to implement a helpdesk solution that does chat very well and can provide good analytics so that we can assess agent ratings, why the customer contacted us, and issues that are driving up volume. It also has to be a third-party cloud-based solution because we don't have the resources to set it up on our own system. Do you have any recommendations?
posted by Lush to Work & Money (5 answers total)
We are supposed to provide 24/7 chat and e-mail support, and 9-10 agents will be using the system.
Ideally, we'd like to have the following features out of the box:
- Chats and e-mails are converted to tickets
- Pre-chat survey that requires mandatory details from the customer
- Customer survey (either immediately after the chat, or via e-mail) that asks them to rate the service they received
- Ability for the agent to categorize what the chat issue was about (via post-chat survey or the ticketing system)
- Ability to search tickets by customer details (without a CRM, since most chats are from new visitors who haven't used the site)
- Ability to track whether the ticket was resolved on first contact, or whether it needed to be escalated
- Ability to track handle time
- Ability to tack on deadlines to ticket
We are currently using Comm100 and are not happy with it. I know the company has used LivePerson before, but may have switched due to costs. I am currently looking at Kayako Fusion and Zoho, but we can't seem to configure the chat support features to do what we want.
Is this too ambitious? If there isn't a way to do all these things with one comprehensive helpdesk software, are there good plug-ins or apps that can work with one that does offer almost everything we need?