What hairstyle should I get? I’m looking for a haircut that’s somewhere between femme and androgynous, good for my face shape, easy to maintain, and possibly involving shaved sides.
I’m an East Asian female in her early 20s with a longish, thin face and high cheekbones. I don’t wear glasses. My current hair is pretty long, almost halfway to my elbow, and slightly curly/wavy. It’s parted slightly to the side, with no bangs. I used to have a version of this
(shoulder-length with perm) and was very happy with it, but it grew out. My hair's black and I’m not interested in coloring it.
Things that are pretty necessary:
- The new hairstyle needs to be easy to maintain, so a bob/pixie cut is out (I don’t know how to cut my own hair and won’t have time) and straight hair might be out (my hair is naturally almost straight, but still needs to be straightened).
- It needs to be not super femme/cute, so long and/or very curly hair is out.
- No bangs.
Things that would be nice to have:
- I like the idea of shaved sides or one shaved side. I’m not brave enough to go all the way though, since my family is somewhat conservative and I work in academia. Something like this (one
) would be perfect, if I could flip the hair over and hide it. Does that have a name? I like this
- I’m interested in a more androgynous/masculine cut like this
but I’m probably not brave enough for that.
- I like hair with volume, since it balances out my longer face and general skinniness/tallness.
- I'm open to styles besides the two I linked.
I'm not comfortable with posting pictures publicly, but if you think they'd help, ping me: email@example.com