Where to eat in Boston this weekend?
May 28, 2014 10:25 AM Subscribe
We love to be surprised by cheap and delicious food, or awesome specials that only locals know about. No dietary restrictions.
posted by never.was.and.never.will.be. to Travel & Transportation around Boston, MA (27 answers total) 47 users marked this as a favorite
We'll need breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
Things we love coming across:
- Great food trucks / hole in the wall type places
- 25c martinis with the purchase of an entree (that was a fun afternoon!)
- Finding out through a friend that a super fancy restaurant has a $20 prix-fixe 4-course lunch menus, when we wouldn't be able to afford one dinner entree there normally. This was not advertised on their website!
- 1/2 price gourmet pizza with $3 wine between 5-7 pm
- Really good seafood that doesn't cost an arm and a leg
- A local telling us "if you sit at the bar instead of a table you get an amuse-bouche personally delivered by the chef"
Things we don't love:
- Trendy overpriced restaurants.
If you have suggestions for restaurants, specials, happy hours, or tips on where to eat well in the North End area (or nearby) to get the most out of our money, please let me know! We don't have budget restrictions, we just want to spend as little as possible on delicious food. We'd be happy with a delicious $3 Vietnamese sandwich, but would also splurge on a halibut cheek dinner. You can Me-Mail me if you don't want to post about your secret spot :) If you can recommend where to get a good cup of coffee and a quick breakfast to go, that would be very appreciated too.
Thanks in advance! I have looked around the other Boston-food-related questions, but they are all 4-5 years old, so I am hoping there are some new eats to discover!