Vienna is old, knowing and fierce in its regard: Add to my itinerary.
May 26, 2014 8:34 AM Subscribe
Need guidance on trip to Vienna. Newest questions
are from two years ago. Many questions after the fold.
posted by jadepearl to Travel & Transportation around Vienna, Austria (8 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite
I will be in Vienna the first week of June. I will be located near Westbanhof station. My itinerary is quite open. All I know that I will be going to Babette's to buy cookbooks, visit the Kunsthistoriches and Leopold museums and hopefully, the Central Cemetery.
- What are your favorite places, no matter how modest?"
- I have been told not to dress like an American for evening functions. What does this mean exactly?
- I dress straight out of an REI catalog, on a good day, with Keen sandals, travel skirt and blouse, is this problematic for day wear? I got spooked by the Austrian staff at the conference from bullet point above
- The more fun question, where to eat?
- Besides bitter almond extract, and Frisian Sunday tea what else should I bring back?
- I would like to walk Vienna with someone who loves the city. How do I connect with such a person?
Any and all help would be welcome.