Yee-es We Can
May 21, 2014 5:20 PM Subscribe
I have a tough time finding the exercise routine I'll stick with consistently. I'm hoping for some recommendations of things to try based on some likes/dislikes – particularly keeping in mind my love for Rodney Yee's "Yoga Burn" video...
posted by thirdletter to Health & Fitness (9 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
- Dancing. Even cardio routines that are even kind of verging on dancing (for example, I tried a kettlebell + cardio video which had one too many "toe taps" in it for my liking)
- Running. I wish I loved it because I like long walks in the neighborhood, but nope
- Too much kneeling. I bruise very easily and this tends to DQ some yoga routines
- Cultish environments, yelling, club music, "spin class"
- Nike Training (and similar apps) is a bit too scattershot for me. I don't feel like I'm doing any one of the moves well enough to be worth the time
- Slower paced yoga, especially the aforementioned Yee video, but also "basic" IRL classes and vanilla yoga studios - not sure if there are other varieties better suited to my needs
- I don't mind lifting some hand weights or doing squats at home, but yawn
- Small group instruction. Too small and I am terrified, too big and I feel like it's a competition
- Find a specific type of class or studio (Brooklyn or downtown Manhattan?) that I can stick with
- Try out some more at-home videos I can do with a yoga mat, some blocks, and some dumbbells
- Work on core/back strength to help some back pain
- Get rid of my wee pot belly
What do you fitness folks think?