I need a new doormat to go inside my front door. Recommendations?
Here's a photo of the area that needs a new doormat
. The one that's there currently is a Waterhog and it's done a fine job, but it's beat up and should be moved to the back door.
Qualities the perfect doormat would have:
- Available in the US.
- Grey or some other color that doesn't show dirt and cat hair.
- Holds on to dirt. We have a bristly doormat outside, but we're in and out all day and everyone but me is imperfect.
- Good with water and mud (I live near Seattle).
- Doesn't slide all over the place. That's the #1 problem with the Waterhog -- it wanders. I've been reluctant to put one of those grippy rug things under it because I understand they ruin floors. Correct me if I'm wrong.
- Flat enough for doors to easily open over it, both the front door and the closet doors you can see to the left.
- Custom sized in an L to also cover the area where we toss our shoes (this would be nice but not essential).
- Doesn't look too industrial (this is not a priority).
- Not made under terrible working conditions.
- Durable. I'll pay more for something that lasts.
- Easy to clean with a vacuum.
- Big. The current one is too small, as the photo shows.
I suspect I'll end up with another Waterhog, but is there some other company I should know about?