No witness for our NYC wedding
May 1, 2014 6:59 PM Subscribe
My (hopefully) soon-to-be wife and I both have really severe social anxiety issues. Unfortunately, we need a witness for our City Hall wedding tomorrow in NYC. What are our options?
posted by anonymous to Human Relations (30 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite
- Hire a photographer: Expensive ($150-$300) and we've likely missed our window.
- Hire a tour guide, but ask them to serve as our witness instead: Maybe less expensive, but also terribly weird.
- Ask strangers on the street to help: We tried this today, but gave up after an hour since we both failed to work up the courage to ask a stranger to spend 45-ish minutes of their day sitting with us in a waiting room.
- Hope that a "professional" witness will be in the proximity: We also failed with this today, since the photographers mentioned in this article
- Loiter at the City Clerk's office until we spot another couple without a witness: Might work, but would require a lot of luck.
Other ideas? Or any recommendations on potential tour guides who might be sympathetic to our plight? Throwaway address: email@example.com