How best to use an iPhone in Europe
April 30, 2014 5:20 AM Subscribe
I am taking my iPhone to Europe and want to use it wifi-only. I use StraightTalk as a provider. Is there anything in particular I should know before I go?
posted by amicamentis to Technology (12 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I don't mind not being able to make calls - I have a Google Voice account and can find wifi if necessary. I am not the most tech-savvy individual ever and want to make sure I'm not accidentally setting myself up for huge roaming charges or a completely useless phone.
- This will work, right? If I am at a hostel with wifi, I can get online and download apps and look up directions and send emails and make calls with Google Voice?
- Does StraightTalk charge any kind of fees for international usage that doesn't come from turning data on??
- What kind of damage are we talking here if I have to turn on data to make an emergency phone call?
- Is it possible to have my calls forwarded to my Google number for this month?
- Is there any other tips or helpful advice that you would recommend?