Please hope me find a replacement for my favorite rugby shirt.
is the bestest rugby shirt I ever had. I've worn my old friend for almost 10 years. I got it at the Gap. It's the perfect shirt for cool mornings and evenings. Sadly, the years have caught-up with it and it's beginning to look pretty shabby at the seams. Still great for around the house, but too shabby otherwise.
I've been trying to find an acceptable replacement, but keep coming-up empty. Gap, of course, no longer sells anything like it. So, I thought I'd turn to my fellow MeFites for help.
Here's what I love about this shirt...
• Nice, soft semi-heavyweight all-cotton jersey material.
• The blue stripes are dyed, sewn-in panels of the same material. Not screen-printed.
• Full cut, not trim or tapered.
• Collar is the usual material, but left soft, not stiff and pressed.
• No logo or faux club crest.
• Rubber buttons (of course)
My hunt brings-up the same variation on a theme...trim-cut, bumble bee stripes, starched collar, with a logo. I'm okay with no
stripe, if I had to, but the current fashion seems to be multiple stripes down the entire shirt. Men with handles do not wear full-body stripes. At least, this one doesn't.
I'll admit this is probably going to be a fruitless search, but search I must.