Need ideas for an adventurous and relaxing honeymoon in August.
April 14, 2014 7:55 AM Subscribe
Where should we go for a week-long honeymoon in early August?
posted by KevCed to Travel & Transportation (9 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
We are looking for destination ideas. We plan a more indulgent honeymoon next year, but we want to take a short trip to unwind and start our marriage. We're looking for a mix of attractions. Beaches for relaxing, interesting history and/or active stuff: bike tours, surfing, etc. Swim up bars earn extra points. Some useful background information:
- We will leave from Boston in early August
- We have a ~$3k total budget for ~6 days
- We have previously enjoyed trips to Portland, OR, Wells, ME, Costa Rica (Arenal, Monteverde and Tamarindo), Greece and Lyon, France.
- We want to avoid hurricane season, and unbearable heat.
- From previous AskMe posts, we are thinking about USVI or Puerto Rico.
- We are thinking about Halifax due to some very compelling tourism commercials we saw, but it doesn't seem to offer the same mix as USVI or PR.
- Cuba is out because she's American.
- We are not considering a previous AskMe recommendation of the California central coast, because we will be in Big Sur for another wedding a couple weeks later.
- Hawaii is probably too expensive, or possibly a time-sink due travel from the east coast.
Please share your experience with these or other destinations that sound like a good fit.