Where would you go with 5k, one week and your sweetie?
March 30, 2007 8:36 AM Subscribe
Help us find our honeymoon! If you had one week and 5k for two people, where would you go?
posted by Alison to Travel & Transportation (32 answers total) 15 users marked this as a favorite
We are willing to go (almost) anywhere on planet earth and we want to see something really spectacular. All suggestions are welcome, but we have a few criteria that might influence your answer:
1. My Fiancé and I want to go somewhere we have never been to before. That knocks out most of Western Europe, Japan, Korea, North America, Thailand and Peru. However, I would be happy to go to Bangkok again.
2. We want to see some nature, and it doesn't have to be a beach or a tropical paradise. Bonus points if there are opportunities to frolic with animals.
3. We want to be safe. I've always wanted to drive around Lebanon and Jordan, but it will make my mother cry.
4. We like cool markets and bargain shopping. We have less fun when things are really expensive.
5. Though time is short, we would like a chance to visit multiple cities and/or countries, not a lot, but maybe two or three. I like passport stamps.
Don't let anything on this list stop you if you know about something really amazing. We are flexible travelers.
We really wanted to go to the Galapagos, but that is just barely beyond our budget. Our current favorite is a Hong Kong/Bali trip, but we are worried that Bali will be too touristy to be interesting.
Thanks, guys! We look forward to your suggestions.