I am NOT thinking of Lit's "My Own Worst Enemy."

I'm trying like crazy to find the name of a song I heard playing earlier that I was unable to identify at the time. It is an indie-rock type of song with a long, slow build of an airy female voice singing in this repetitive rhythm. The voice is pretty heavily layered and processed, but it sounded like some of the lines were things like, "Parking our cars, sleeping on lawns" but the google's do nothing but bring up that damn Lit song, which is absolutely not what it was. So now this is driving me crazy and I really want to get this song. Hope me?
posted by Navelgazer to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

Broken Social Scene, Anthems for a Seventeen Year-Old Girl? "Park that car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me" are the lyrics.
posted by spaet at 2:40 PM on March 19 [6 favorites]

Got it in one! Thanks!
posted by Navelgazer at 2:44 PM on March 19

SUCH a good song.
posted by c'mon sea legs at 3:34 PM on March 19 [1 favorite]

It really is just impossibly gorgeous (though I can imagine it getting on someone's nerves pretty easily too.)
posted by Navelgazer at 3:58 PM on March 19

And yeah, the opening vocal lines (different lyrics than the ones spaet quotes) matches up pretty closely for melody with the main guitar riff of My Own Worst Enemy. Odd.
posted by LionIndex at 4:03 PM on March 19

« Older I am an American, I was here i...   |  Do you know of any tabletop RP... Newer »