Narrowing down conception date
March 12, 2014 4:41 PM Subscribe
Is it possible to narrow down conception date to less than a week based on HCG levels?
posted by anonymous to Health & Fitness (10 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
1. Menstrual period is typically irregular
1. Last date of menstrual period: January 31st
2. Had sex on Feb 13th (&14th) and Feb 19th (the dates to be distinguished)
3. Ovulation was expected to be on the 13th but as I mentioned, period is irregular.
4. HCG level measurements on 3/7 at 3pm was 1000 mIU/ml
5. HCG level measurements on 3/10 at 2pm was 2800 mIU/ml
6. Ultrasound was performed today 3/12 - can't quite see the sac yet.
Judging from LMP, 3/7 should be 5th week but HCG level seems too low (5th week level should be 2,580-6,530). It is in the range of 4 weeks + 3 or 4 days which seems to indicate that conception date was sometimes around Feb 17th?
I guess the crux of the question is - is it possible at all based on those numbers that conception date be Feb 19th? Can we tell? Not enough information?