What does simple project management look like?
February 19, 2014 7:07 AM Subscribe
What does "Project Management Light" look like? Are there good resources out there team members can read/watch/etc? Background and requirements inside.
posted by advicepig to Work & Money (11 answers total) 33 users marked this as a favorite
We're collaborating with another institution for a number of projects in the near future and have to come up with a shared project management process. Without dedicated project managers, we've rejected following a PMI process and keep talking about a "project management light." Of course, this means we have to document what exactly that means. I'd love for us to adopt something so we all have a resource to go back to.
Here are some of our requirements.
- Projects may be lead by various people in the org, few of which can receive intense training.
- Projects must report progress and health regularly.
- Team members will be located on two separate campuses.
- Milestones, timelines, and deliverables must be clearly communicated.
- Most team members already have a task list solution, some are part of a few teams using different solutions.
Do you have resources you can point me towards? Tips and kind words of wisdom?