Taking the "-roid" Out of "Android Games"
February 18, 2014 7:23 AM Subscribe
I'm looking for peaceful, quiet, calm, relaxing Android games. Quell (and its two sequels) fit the bill perfectly, but I've played them to death. Digitized snowflakes within!
posted by julthumbscrew to Computers & Internet (29 answers total) 73 users marked this as a favorite
I love my Android phone. It is a tiny plank of magic! However, I hate 99.9% of the games available for the thing. I was delighted to discover "Quell" (by Fallen Tree Games), but thanks to my hourlong train commute, I quickly plowed through all three iterations. Can you help me find similar games? They don't have to look/feel/behave like Quell, but they should share its particular "Zen ne sais quoi". Here's what I enjoy in a game:
- Doesn't feature frantic/fast-paced gameplay - I'm playing to chill out, not burst a blood vessel.
- Doesn't rely too heavily on time constraints - I like to play at my own pace.
- Doesn't have Candy Crush-esque "pay to play" nonsense. I'll pay for a game, but only once.
- Doesn't involve physically tilting/rotating the phone itself.
- Doesn't require internet access to play (my data connection can be spotty).
- DOES involve self-paced puzzle and problem-solving.
So what should I play, HiveMind? Many thanks in advance for enlivening my commute.