Big but simple beginner sewing machine projects?
February 4, 2014 7:39 AM Subscribe
I just got my sewing machine. Yay! Help me figure out what to make with her.
I'm looking for projects I can make on my new sewing machine to get some practice before I try anything really fancy or complicated (I've taken two short sewing classes so I'm almost but not quite a total novice). Here are my requirements:
- No bags! I have too many bags. So does everyone else I know.
- Very forgiving -- nothing like clothes where size and seams matters a lot.
- Ideally a lot of sewing, just a lot of very simple sewing -- I'd rather do one big project than a bunch of little ones.
- Not too finicky -- eventually I'd like to make quilts but for now I'm not up for cutting out a ton of tiny little pieces.
- I'd rather measure than cut out or print patterns but I'm flexible on this.
I've done searches for "easy beginning sewing projects" and stuff but I get either a lot of bags or things that are very small.
What I'd really like is a big but easy and forgiving project to help me get the feel of the machine.