Small meeting room suitable for recording in Manhattan?
February 3, 2014 9:24 AM Subscribe
A friend and I would like to have a place we can meet privately in Manhattan on a regular (monthly?) basis with enough room for the two of us, a laptop, and a microphone with the intention of recording our conversation.
posted by ckolderup to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
- We only need the room for 1-2 hours at a time.
- It doesn't have to be a perfect acoustic environment but we'd like it not to be a tall, bare-walled, echo-filled room.
- It needs to have a power outlet.
- It would be nice if we could schedule the space so we knew it was ours.
- Free is preferred but I'd be open to hearing about places that charged small fees as well, particularly if it raised the quality of our options.
- Comfortable chairs would be a bonus.
What options do we have? We're going to check out the small meeting rooms at NYPL's Stephen A Schwartzman building soon but I'm hoping to find a few choices and decide which works best for us.