Visa agency in Houston, TX for Brazil travel

Recommendations for a visa agency in Houston, Texas (one that's open on weekends) to obtain a tourist visa to travel to Brazil?

I'm traveling to Brazil from the U.S. (Dallas area). I need a tourist visa, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it in person to the nearest Brazilian consulate (which is in Houston) before I leave. The consulate has a list of approved agencies that will handle a visa application on a traveler's behalf, but it's long and I'm not sure which company to use. Recommendations from anyone who has used any of these firms in the past would be greatly appreciated!
posted by LLF246 to Travel & Transportation around Houston, TX (4 answers total)

My wife has used VIP Passport Services in the past for Canadian Visas, so far no problems.
posted by beowulf573 at 2:42 PM on February 1

Are you sure you have to use an approved agency? (The consulate site isn't loading for me.) I was in a similar position last year in Mexico -- couldn't get to the consulate in Mexico City -- and I just had a friend in the city drop off my stuff. There was an extra fee but he didn't have to be approved.
posted by ceiba at 5:10 PM on February 1

I work for one of the consulate's approved visa agencies (though not in the Houston office,) and yes, you do need to use one of the listed agencies:

"The Consulate General of Brazil in Houston only accepts visa applications from the affiliated visa agencies."
posted by bdk3clash at 6:32 PM on February 1

At the end of 2011, I used Visa Express - Houston and the consulate accepted them just fine.
posted by umbú at 6:42 PM on February 1

« Older I have a sudden need for a car...   |  I’m looking for the perfect li... Newer »