That again? Ugh...
January 15, 2014 4:45 AM Subscribe
We are in a supper rut. We need some suggestions for suppers that satisfy a fair number of requirements (no gluten, not too many servings, no chicken, etc).
posted by PuppetMcSockerson to Food & Drink (27 answers total) 21 users marked this as a favorite
Meals cannot contain:
- GLUTEN (oats are fine)
- yoghurt (sour cream is fine)
- eggs as a primary player (ie. eggs in a cake or something is fine, but an omelette is not). Nothing against eggs in terms of health. I just get really sicked out by them at the moment.
Things we like are:
- spicy foods (as well as not-spicy foods)
- brussel sprouts
- greens (spinach, beet greens, swiss chard)
- soups (but not watery ones)
We would prefer if the meals:
- didn't have a ton of leftovers as we never seem to eat leftovers despite our best intentions
- served 2-4 people max
- healthy (but unhealthy but fantastic recipes are welcome as well)
- not too expensive to make, or at least with ingredients that aren't too hard to find
Also: Assume that we are very good cooks so difficulty in preparation is a non-issue. Fussy meals and simple meals both are welcome.