Mexico City recommendations: cool 'hood, what to do, etc
August 22, 2013 1:17 PM Subscribe
I'm going to Mexico City in late October and have a bunch of questions!
posted by TheGoodBlood to travel & transportation around Mexico City, Mexico (1 answer total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
- I'm staying for two weeks - should I try to travel within Mexico a little?
- I'm be doing all "top attractions" of travels guides. But I have particular interests: queer culture (including bars and dancing, preferably lesbian), independent publishing (zines, artist's books), contemporary art. If you know anything interesting in these areas, do let me know.
- What's a cool neighbourhood to stay? Is near the Cuauhtémoc subway station good? And San Cosme station?
- Roberto Bolaño is my favourite writer. I never did the "writer tour" thing, but I wouldn't mind doing a little of this with The Savage Detectives or anything else he wrote, really - do you know places I could go or know of an online guide?
- I'll be there in the Day of the Dead. Cool thing to do that day?
- Crazy about music, probably will need a separate Ask for that!
- If you live there I can take you for a drink! Memail me!