July 6, 2013 4:36 AM Subscribe
Astrid (to-do list app) was bought by Yahoo and will be shut down soon. Please suggest a replacement app? More requirements inside.
posted by gakiko to computers & internet (10 answers total) 19 users marked this as a favorite
Although Astrid is much more powerful, I only need these things:
- working on Android 2.3 (web version is optional)
- it has to work when the phone's offline (due to prohibitive data charges and subpar wifi coverage)
- either syncing to the cloud or having an automated local backup or something, whatever, to make me not worry about losing all my tasks
- bulletproof reminders/notifications (not getting lost after I exit the app or reset the phone - they should stay in the notification bar until I mark the task as complete or choose to "snooze" the reminder)
- recurring scheduled tasks (eg. "every second Tuesday")
- loosely scheduled tasks (eg. "January 2014", or no due date at all)
- free or one-time payment (no subscriptions)
- possibility to add chosen tasks to Google Calendar
That's about it. I like Astrid's cutesy motivational blurbs, so something with a similar vibe would be a plus. Of course, simplicity of use and absence of bugs are basic requirements. And yes, ability to import tasks from Astrid would be very nice.