Ski town without ski bum?
February 25, 2013 3:27 AM Subscribe
I'm becoming enamored with the idea of moving to a ski town for a while. I'd like to know more about what it's really like.
posted by carolinaherrera to Travel & Transportation (10 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I really LOVE skiing (although very much a beginner). I'm out of my early 20s, and not much of a partier, although I find it easy to make friends. I would probably be living off of savings or doing remote work, but am not wealthy.
- Have you done this? Are you still doing it? - What do you like most about living there?
- What undiscovered or really wonderful places might I not know of that would be great places to live? Places in Colorado? Places off the beaten path?
- What are summers like?
- Can you point me to any good blogs/memoirs/etc. about doing this?
- Tips, tricks, suggestions, starting points?
- Other things that might be helpful