How should I talk to my boyfriend about me being unhappy with him?
January 30, 2013 12:11 PM Subscribe
We've been together almost 2 years and at first I thought he was almost a perfect match for me. We got along, he made me so happy, he's so sweet, makes me laugh, and considerate. I know that every relationships get into the comfortable phase but lately I feel like he has taken me for granted and has gotten way too comfortable to the point I'm starting to lose interest in our relationship. I no longer look forward to seeing him and want to be alone, say I love you, kiss, or anything.
posted by Asian_Hunnie to Human Relations (50 answers total) 12 users marked this as a favorite
Why do I feel this way? Well because
1. He has gotten very sarcastic. I hate his tone and he knows this. I feel like he's always nit picking what I do as if I'm doing something wrong all the time
2. He crosses the line. We admit to each other when we think eachother's breath stink lol but it crossed the line when he gets close to my face and breathes his breath in my nose. It's a HUGE turn off
3. He no longer compliments me and tells me I'm pretty or beautiful even when I try.
4. I always have to initiate cuddling, touching, sex, etc. He always kinda puts me off as if I'm not even trying to cuddle with him. We don't kiss anymore..
5. We don't have alone time, we usually go out and his sister tags along with us (she's older and has a bf but hangs out with us...she's very nice though)
5. When we're in bed together we might as well be in different countries because he's focused on something else.
He's just stopped trying at the relationship. I mentioned it a lot to him about how I miss the sweet things he did and he said in a relationship you're supposed to get comfortable. He knows it bothers me but I don't think he knows how badly it's affecting our relationship. I cry at night silently because of this. I don't know how to bring it up without losing my point or having the blame on me. I'm no good at communicating my wants and fixing problems because I know people tend to get DEFENSIVE and then start listing things you do wrong.