Spread some seasonal mirth
December 2, 2012 12:17 PM Subscribe
My sister and I have an annual Christmas tradition of making an elaborate treasure hunt, puzzle or game for our family. Need some help brainstorming this year's edition.
posted by dontjumplarry to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (14 answers total) 11 users marked this as a favorite
The idea is we make a puzzle for our parents and they need to complete it successfully to receive their gift. Past ideas have been:
• A treasure hunt where a series of clues hidden around the house finally leads to a gift
• A personalized cryptic crossword which reveals location of gift once completed
• Miniature versions of game shows (Price is Right, Family Feud, Sale of the Century) during which they win $ to "buy" their gift
• Personalised logic grid puzzle
• Personalised jigsaw puzzle (keep planning to do this but never remember in time)
We are stuck this year, any ideas?