Find Me A Birthday Venue and Theme In Portland, OR
November 23, 2012 10:49 AM Subscribe
K. So my big 3-0 birthday is on Saturday, December 8th, and I'm looking for a good place in Portland (like a semi-private event room in a resturant/bar) to host folks for several hours. Let's say 7-10pm. More specifications inside...
posted by redsparkler to Food & Drink (6 answers total)
- Booze is optimal, but I'd like to avoid the dark bar atmosphere until later in the evening.
- Good food is a definite plus.
- All-ages would be amazing (but not required). My peeps with wee ones would be more likely to make an appearance.
- Southeast Portland would be good; I'm hoping to get a big turnout, so a central location will help the carless folks make it out; Hawthorne/Belmont/Division would be great areas, Powell and Broadway would be on the outskirts of the area I'm hoping for.
- It's a Saturday night, so the West side seems like it might be a little too crazy, but hey, if you've got a good idea, let me have it!
- Probably not a lot of people at any given time. Let's say 20, at the most. I'm assuming people would come and go in little waves.
- Oh! And any theme ideas would be appreciated, too. I was thinking of asking folks to bring a mix cd or tape for me, but then I thought that might be too much of a commitment and might scare folks off. Maybe I'll just make that an optional bonus.