Fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun, sun...
August 19, 2005 8:27 PM Subscribe
Booty call etiquette: I'm flying to Hawaii for two weeks to meet a guy. So now what? (inside text maybe NSFW)
posted by anonymous to human relations (32 answers total)
I'm a somewhat inexperienced woman, going to meet a man I've been corresponding with for two months. He lives in Maui right now. We met online through springstreet. We anticipate being at the very least good friends, with the distinct possibility of something more.
Bare facts: Both have reviewed sexual history/exposure to mutual satisfaction and been tested as appropriate. I have reviewed his (extensive) online presence and am satisfied to his sanity and the improbability that he is a serial killer/rapist. Will be staying (on the spare bed) in his rented house with three other roommates (two are dating each other). He has his own room and bathroom. The kitchen is shared.
I'll be bringing all the usual vacation stuff (sunscreen, sunglasses, swimsuit, etc.), plus condoms and the like.
So my questions:
1) Is there anything that is not immediately obvious that I should toss into my suitcase? I have a strong preference to avoid checking any luggage, so carry-on appropriate items are okay; things that have to be checked, not so good. (So, you know, no handguns, okay?)
2) Have any of you done/been in a similar situation? Did it turn out well or...not so well? Do you have any recommendations or guidance to offer this sexually inexperienced questioner? Any kind of guidance is welcome, regarding both social and sexual situations.
3) Is there anything I absolutely should avoid doing/bringing?
4) What about the housemates? Yes, common courtesy and cordiality rules, but I've always found the concept of housemates kind of weird, so are there some huge no-nos about housemates?
5) Is bringing any nature of gift appropriate or overkill? I'm running up against the polite bringing something to your host vs. ...well...maybe shagging him. What to do?
6) Anything I should make a real effort to see/do while there? He lives in Makawao.
Not helpful: warnings about the dire foolishness of this endeavor. I have a mother for that, thanks.
Should anyone respond anonymously I can be reached at my username at gmail.