Looking for animated GIF Pac-Man sprites!

Looking for animated GIFs of sprites from Pac-Man! Hoping for all four ghosts (looking sideways is okay), a blue "oh no" ghost, Pac-Man, and big Pac-Man from the cutscene. Failing that, anyone able to point me toward an easy way to put together animated GIFs in Mac OS?
posted by DoctorFedora to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

anyone able to point me toward an easy way to put together animated GIFs in Mac OS?

Get gimp (I gather it's in the app store these days).
Make each frame of your animation a layer.
(Something I forget) export something something, specify timing -> animated gif!

Here's one tutorial, which probably remembers the details better than I do.
posted by pompomtom at 8:02 PM on October 29, 2012

(or more tutorials)
posted by pompomtom at 8:03 PM on October 29, 2012

Search the Internet on stripping sprites from MAME ROMs, such as a Pac-Man ROM.

To animate GIFs, I use gifsicle.
posted by Blazecock Pileon at 8:04 PM on October 29, 2012

As much as I kind of hate the GIMP, that's a pretty useful tutorial that's been pretty valuable! It looks like either Keynote hates alpha-channel animated GIFs or GIMP isn't exporting properly, so I figure I can just get away with making the background black. Awesome!
posted by DoctorFedora at 8:24 PM on October 29, 2012

« Older I am looking for examples of c...   |  Canadian wishing to drive in S... Newer »