I would like some help preparing for job interview. Are there any secretaries here that can please help me out?
Tomorrow, I have an interview at a local university (in Tennessee) for the position of secretary at one of the department offices.
This is what I know about this interview:
1. I will be interviewed by the Office Coordinator and her boss (I didn't think to ask at the time, but I don't know who this boss is... could it be the department chair?).
2. The Office Coordinator told me that the interview could last anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour (!?).
Relevant information about me can be found in this previous AskMe
My questions about this interview are:
1. What kind of questions would be asked if the interview could be as long as 1 hour? Would they ask me to demonstrate my familiarity with certain important software (like Excel)?
2. Since I have never been interviewed by more than one person before, is there any particular etiquette I should be aware of when addressing two people in an interview?
3. Will the interview questions deal with how I would handle particular hypothetical situations, or assessing how my previous job experience makes up for not having secretarial experience? Or a mixture of both?
4. If you
were interviewing a prospective secretary, what would you ask?
5. Keep or shave the goatee? I always had it while teaching, but I don't know if it would be considered professional for a secretary for a visual reference, it looks like this
, but trimmed more neatly and dark brown like the hair on my head (well... what's left of the hair on my head).