I need a new bag. I think the
is almost perfect, but it's more than I want to spend. Is there something similar available somewhere for $150 USD or less? (Snowflake details inside)
I need something to carry the following everyday:
1) my 34-ounce thermos
2) my laptop lunchbox
3) my Macbook Air -- OR -- my iPad
4) various other purse-type things (wallet, keys, iPhone, 2 pairs of glasses, a fold-up tote bag, a handful of loyalty cards, feminine hygiene supplies, etc.)
5) odds and ends depending on the day: a small craft project, an extra pair of shoes, a change of clothes, a notebook, chargers etc. (not all at once, usually just one of these things per day)
I estimate that I need a bag about 4.5-6 inches deep, with 13-14 inches in either height or width. I need at least 1 padded pocket for my computer or iPad (I rarely carry both at the same time). In addition to serving as my daily tote, I would like the bag to also function as a carry on when I travel.
* no leather, no flaps, no open top
* at least 1 outside pocket with organizational features (places for pens, cards, keys, phone, etc.)
* as light-weight as possible when empty
* appropriate for a business casual workplace, but would also look ok with a suit.
* relatively light-colored interior (I hate bags with black interiors)
* sturdy enough to last 3+ years of daily use (I'm not especially hard on bags)
I think the L&S O.M.G bag
fits the bill perfectly (although it may be slightly larger than I really want). However, at $275 it is more than I want to spend. I would like to spend no more than $150. As a further point of reference, I currently carry the Tom Bihn Medium Cafe Bag
in purple, which I find to be too small (it doesn't quite fit my thermos), too casual (probably because of the color), and I don't like the flap.
Can you suggest a suitable alternative? I am looking both for bags that are similar to the O.M.G and any other bags that you think might work. I'm in the U.S. and would prefer to buy online.