Recommendations for Hong Kong hotel for an overnight layover for an exhausted family

Recommendations for hotel by airport in Hong Kong for a quick overnight stay between flights? We will be traveling with a 6 month old, and will likely be exhausted, so sightseeing won't be important. Ease, (relative) affordability the most important things! I'm going to try to go on Kayak today, but rec's would be helpful. Thanky in advance!
posted by knmr76 to Travel & Transportation around Hong Kong (5 answers total)

I usually just use the private nap rooms available by the hour right inside the airport - private showers and bathrooms and fluffy towels and whatnot are all included - but I am not totally sure how awesome that would be with a little duder. It is super convenient, though.
posted by elizardbits at 10:28 AM on July 3, 2012

Novotel Hong Kong Citygate

Free shuttle bus from the airport (it's a ten minute ride), attached to a shopping mall and the MTR if you're so inclined. Price isn't too bad for Hong Kong, but it is a nice place and the rooms we've had have been snazzy and quiet.
posted by doorsnake at 10:34 AM on July 3, 2012 [1 favorite]

Here's a listing, there appear to be a few hotels connected to the airport.
posted by Ruthless Bunny at 10:41 AM on July 3, 2012

Thanks all!
Question: there are some hotels that look nice that are about $75 less than the ones with airport shuttles or attached to an airport. For instance, one (the Royal View) cites that it's a 20 minute drive from the airport. How much would a taxi be? If they're dirt cheap, then we would probably go the cheaper one with taxi, but if not, then definitely go for convenience!
posted by knmr76 at 10:53 AM on July 3, 2012

We went ahead and booked the one attached to the airport. When talking to someone who lived in the city, comparing pros and cons of going with cheaper hotel in the city, it didn't really shake out to a lot less considering commute cost and time.

Convenience for the win!

Thanks again, everyone.
posted by knmr76 at 12:03 PM on July 3, 2012

« Older Looking for interesting writer...   |  My friend wants me to try to r... Newer »