East Coast trip from Boston to DC -- ideas?
June 20, 2012 1:48 AM Subscribe
I'm planning on visiting the East Coast this July -- the area roughly from Boston to Washington, DC. I don't really have a set plan yet, aside from visiting NYC for a couple of days (up to a week), hopefully visiting Boston for a few days, and hanging out along the Maryland/DC border for a conference. Travel tips/suggestions?
posted by archagon to travel & transportation around Washington, DC (22 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I've never been to the East Coast, so I have no idea where to go or what to do. What are some interesting destinations along my route? Large or small, touristy or obscure -- it doesn't matter to me. If you have a favorite city or town, museum, hostel, club, restaurant, food cart, statue -- whatever -- put it out there. I want as much information as I can get!
Current ideas: (just started brainstorming)
* touristy stuff in NY: Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, etc.
* Comedy Cellar in NY (maybe I can see Louis C.K.?)
* lots of pizza (and donuts, cheesecake, bagels...) in NY -- especially Di Fara
* Harvard and MIT in Boston
* White House, Holocaust Museum, and Smithsonian in DC
(I'm sure there have been countless questions on the topic, so if you know of any great discussions off the top of your head, please post them here.)