Two days and a night in the Hamptons/LI - Is there Anything to Do?
June 17, 2012 8:32 AM Subscribe
The girlfriend and I have decided to take a two day driving tour of the Hamptons/Long Island. We'll leave tomorrow, Monday morning, stay somewhere, and come back Tuesday night. The thing is, neither of us knows anything about the area - we need advice on everything! Where to stay, what to see, where to eat. Some details inside.
posted by slide to travel & transportation around New York, NY (8 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
This is very much a whim as neither of us have spent much time in the Hamptons/Long Island despite having lived in NYC for a while. We just want a relaxing, easy trip to get away from work for a bit. Budget is not a big issue. We like good food, wineries, beaches, hiking, walking around quaint towns, good tours, odd experiences, local color, etc. A couple specific requests:
(1) Where should we stay on Monday night? Any particular B&B, hotel, motel recommendations? What town should we stay in that will have a good restaurant and perhaps a bar or two on Monday night?
(2) Can't miss places to each lunch/dinner and breakfast/lunch/dinner on day one and two?
(3) Particular beaches that are accessible and better than others?
(4) Any wineries on the North Fork that people recommend?
(5) What are the best towns to stop it? What's the best driving route to take? Go up the south coast stopping in the various hamptons then come back on the north side?
I'd greatly appreciate any ideas people have - we'll have fun regardless, we're pretty laid back and really just looking to meander our way through two days, but would be great to have some idea of what to look for! Thanks!