The Perfect Cat Tree (refusing to use the pun on "purr")
May 13, 2012 5:41 PM Subscribe
Cat trees: I've never owned one but have been offered one as a present for my pretties
. What should I keep in mind? Do you have any recommendations? I'm thinking about this one.
I would attach "cat stairs" to the walls but I'm not allowed, so a cat tree it is. I don't want to end up buying a big tree that they're able to knock over in five minutes or is covered with nonsense they'll never touch. My cats are big climbers, they like cozy sleeping spots but height is a priority for the cat tree. Maybe I'm overthinking this?
posted by schroedinger to pets & animals (21 answers total) 32 users marked this as a favorite
- Tall (they like to climb)
- Presence of sisal/scratchy material
- Not covered with a bunch of crap they'll never use (I've seen rope ladders on cat trees--what cat climbs rope ladders?)
- Not outrageously expensive
- Somewhat attractive would be nice (I like the blue in the one I linked)