Help me find a great, dark comic?

Dark on-line comic about a boy left in his crib, who's then led astray by a malevolent cat - unforgettable, but now I can't find it for the life of me!

I remember being surprised that it was written and drawn by someone I wasn't aware of as a comics author - I keep thinking it was Genesis P Orridge but I'm finding no mention, so it was likely someone else. You clicked through from panel to panel, and the boy's hallucinatory trip, basically to hell and back, became weirder and darker, until at the end his nerves are shot, but he's back home - and so are his parents from an simple night out.
Can anyone remember? Is it still online somewhere?
posted by progosk to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 11 users marked this as a favorite

Are you thinking of Peter Blegvad's Leviathan? If not, judging by your description, you still might like it, because it's
A) similar to what you're describing
and
B) one of the best comics out there.
posted by Greg Nog at 11:01 AM on May 9, 2012 [12 favorites]

Yes!! Blegbad's Orpheus it is! (Blegvad being an outsider musician, as Orridge sometimes was.)

Has this ever been published in print?

Thanks so much G N.
posted by progosk at 11:35 AM on May 9, 2012 [1 favorite]

Has this ever been published in print?

There's a best-of volume for the strip (which I believe was published in an alternative weekly for a while). The collection is wonderful, and I reread bits of it every so often before bedtime. It's both earnestly heartfelt and playfully arch, while being spooky as heck and having a lot of fun with puns. I very much recommend it!
posted by Greg Nog at 11:54 AM on May 9, 2012

I have the book, and it is one of my favorites. Greg Nog, do you know where one could find more strips, online or in print?
posted by taltalim at 1:09 PM on May 9, 2012

I'm afraid I don't, sorry; the book was my main exposure to the comic, too!
posted by Greg Nog at 1:21 PM on May 9, 2012

So it ran in the Independent on Sunday (which doesn't have an online archive) from 1992 to 1999, and was published in book-form by Overlook, and in the UK by Sort Of, in 2000; apparently a Mandarin translation was published by the China Times Publishing Company in 2010.

(Reviews, interviews.)
posted by progosk at 12:32 AM on May 10, 2012

« Older Help me automate some of my wo...   |  Are there any mobile apps that... Newer »