I've finally become interested in Podcasts. My tastes are under the fold, help me find more!
I've gone through iTunes and the old Podcast posts
and picked some, and here are the ones I really like so far:
Stuff You Should Know
Retronauts (I downloaded Games, Dammit! as well but haven't yet listened to it.)
Rock, Paper, Shotcast
What I'd like to listen to a podcast about:
- Video games/board games/tabletop RPGs/etc. (the more inside-baseball/topically obscure, the better.)
- Well-informed sci-tech news/history.
- Explanations of things one generally does not happen upon (like Radiolab or Stuff You Should Know)
- Non-contemporary film/television (basically I'm just trying to avoid spoilers.)
- DIY electronics (I downloaded Make's podcast, just haven't listened to it yet)
- UFOlogy/conspiracy theories/"X-Files is real" nonsense
Stuff I'm not
particularly interested in listening to a podcast about:
- This American Life-style journalism/"Human interest" stories
- News/Politics/General History
As far as the gaming stuff goes, I'm a bit particular. I basically want to avoid any "gamer culture" crap (not discussions of it, just the living embodiment) and rather listen to informed discussions about gaming history, developments, interviews with important people past and present. What I don't
want is a bunch of dudes giggling about how there's a new game from Japan with a boob in it and then making a bunch of gay jokes.
I know Penny Arcade have a podcast, but unless they've grown a lot more tolerable than the last time I've tried listening to them, I'm good. I know Kotaku have one as well but I'm not fond of the culture around there either.
Thanks and let me know if I should clarify anything.