Gimme more workouts! But let's make sure they all play together nicely..

Workout plans to compliment Insanity workout?

Hi I'm a 24yo/f/5ft5/180lbs, working on weight loss, and have just started the Insanity workout videos and I love it! I've also been doing Zumba classes at my gym 3/4 times a week, but am not sure if that's really the best way to go. I've worked w a trainer before and understand the importance of building muscle, perhaps others have a similar experience?

Can someone recommend workout plans that youve tried and compliment the Insanity workouts? Thanks!
posted by xicana63 to Health & Fitness (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I don't understand how it's possible to "complement" the Insanity workout. If you are doing it all correctly you would not be able to work out more.
posted by You Should See the Other Guy at 2:28 PM on April 8, 2012 [6 favorites]

"If you are doing it all correctly you would not be able to work out more."

Agreed. Done correctly, you'll be sick to your stomach.

And, also, done correctly, you'll give your body AMPLE rest time between workouts, and not squeeze in yet more. Recovery is a vital part of exercise!
posted by Quisp Lover at 2:49 PM on April 8, 2012 [3 favorites]

The best complement to your current routine is plenty of healthy food and a shitload of sleep. Burning the candle at both ends is going to get you injured (which will keep you inactive and defeat your goals).

Lean protein, greens, sleep.
posted by milqman at 2:58 PM on April 8, 2012 [3 favorites]

Thank you everyone!
posted by xicana63 at 11:04 AM on April 9, 2012

« Older Should I take the job? I have ...   |  My work provided us with Lenov... Newer »