Safe and boring places to live on the Amtrak train route near Emeryville, CA?
March 7, 2012 12:56 PM Subscribe
I'm looking for super-safe, reasonably nice, boring places to live in the Bay area, specifically a location that would allow me to walk to an Amtrak station and use Amtrak to commute daily to a work location that's next to the Amtrak Station in Emeryville, CA.
posted by StrawberryPie to Travel & Transportation around Emeryville, CA (10 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I'm looking to find a 1 bed/1 bath apartment, sublet, or possibly a condo. Here are some highly desirable features for the area where I'd like to find it in:
- Super safe neighborhood and surroundings
- Quiet neighborhood
- Vegetation (trees, etc.) in the area
- No need for night life or entertainment options whatsoever
- No need for schools (we have no kids)
- Preferrably don't want to get a car, opting instead for Zip car or renting a car when needed, therefore some stores in walking distance would be welcome
I'm exploring getting a place in Emeryville itself, but the close proximity of the Emeryville Amtrak station to my possible work location opens up the possibility of living outside of Emeryville proper and commuting in, so that's why I'm looking for options. Since I'd be doing a daily commute, it would be good if the Amtrak train duration could be as short as possible.
If you live in the area, what would you suggest?
Thanks for any help.