Headed to Beantown, but I promise not to call it Beantown.
April 23, 2012 12:39 PM Subscribe
We're moving to Boston. Where should we live?
posted by anonymous to Society & Culture (26 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
Some notes on our background:
- We're in our early 30's, no kids, but having kids in the next 18-ish months.
- We want 2-3 bedrooms with 1.5-2 baths.
- We're not yuppies, but you 'd probably call us liars if you met us.
- We're not big on nightlife. Would rather have access to pubs/sports bars, cool (but not expensive) restaurants, ike life work in Boston?).
- We'll have one car but rarely drive it. I'll take public transportation and/or a bike to work (<---how does bike life work in Boston).
- I'll be working at a Cambridge or Downtown-based technology startup.
- Our combined annual household income will be ~$140K.
- Lived in Seattle (Queen Anne, Belltown, North Beacon Hill) and Los Angeles (Manhattan Beach) for 8 years. Loved both of them for very different reasons.
What questions should I be asking you (I'll ask publicly here after I've left my job) and what questions should I be asking myself.