What happens in Vegas should happen near the airport and not cost too much.
February 9, 2012 7:03 AM Subscribe
Can you suggest a decent-but-not-terribly-expensive hotel in Las Vegas where I can stay at the beginning and end of a road trip? Proximity to the airport is a must.
posted by bondcliff to Travel & Transportation around Las Vegas, NV (16 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Heading out for a big road trip in April and I'll be flying in and out of Las Vegas. We won't have time to see much of Vegas (possibly a bit on the last day) so it doesn't need to have a casino or anything else.
There will be four of us. Me, my wife, my son (9) and my mom (80).
Things I need, in order of importance:
1) Clean. I've read reviews about places with bedbugs. NO BED BUGS. Got me?
2) Easy to get to from the airport. We will be arriving late and leaving early. Easy cab ride, quick shuttle, whatever.
3) Inexpensive. Doesn't need to be a $50 fleabag but I don't need to stay at the MGM Grand either. If I can get away with $100 - $150.00 per night that would be swell.
4) Not so many of those guys I've heard about who hand out hooker advertisements. See the part above about my son and my mom.
5) Suites would be good, so we all don't have to share one room. Separate rooms are doable if it's not too expensive.
6) Safe area and parking. I may or may not have a rental car with me at either end of the trip.
I don't mind staying at a large hotel or a casino if the price is right and it meets my other requirements.
Also, since we might have a few hours to kill in Vegas, suggestions for one or two family-friendly things to do would nice. Places to eat as well, especially chains like In-n-Out that we don't have here in New England that I should try while I'm out there.