Seeking digital art printing vendors.
January 17, 2012 11:49 AM Subscribe
Looking for advice about high quality printing (for my digital art) and reliable companies that specializes in this type of printing.
I want to start offering prints of some of my digital art and am looking for advice on who to outsource the printing to as well as what to look for/ lookout for. I'm new to digital art printing so any advice you care to share is greatly appreciated. Some of the things I know I'm interested in are:
- Reliable: I'd prefer an established company with an online presence however I am open to all suggestions.
- Archival: I'm not sure if this actually means what I've been led to believe it means but ultimately, I want my prints to be of high quality and durability so that they will last for my clients if taken care of properly.
- Local to the Atlanta, Georgia area: This is not a must but it would be nice to have the option to pick up my finished prints instead of having to have them shipped from another state. If the printer you'd recommend is out of state, that is ok but local would be awesome.
- Large format: By this I mean around the 24" x 36" range. Most of my work will be in the 12" range but I would like the option to go large.
- Purchasing my own ink jet printer: I would love to be able to print my own prints for small runs however all the new Epson Stylus Pros that can do 24" or bigger are out of my price range currently so unless you know of a cheaper solution, this would be something I'd have to wait on and revisit in the future.
Thanks in advance for any help and advise you care to share! :)