importing a small item from the USA
January 14, 2012 1:18 PM Subscribe
I want to buy a $12 item of clothing from the USA and have it delivered to the UK. Can I do this without spending $30+ on shipping? Also, are the Carhartt Leather Fencer Gloves
(or something as good) available in the UK?
posted by Busy Old Fool to shopping (7 answers total)
(Asking for a friend.) I'm looking for a pair of medium Carhartt Leather Fencer Gloves
for delivery in the UK.
As far as I can see, no UK retailers stock them. If you can find one, then that would be a great answer! Or if you know of similar work gloves which are as good as the Carhartts and
are available in the UK, please answer!
Assuming they (or an equivalent) are not available in the UK, I need to buy them from the USA. The problem is that all the retailers and importers I've looked at have minimum shipping rates which are many times the $12 value of the gloves. (I think some of them are factoring in admin charges for dealing with import duty, which isn't payable on such a cheap item.) Do you know of someone who will send me the gloves for a reasonable price?
Here are a few places I've tried - and failed - to source them - this might save you some time if you're using similar search terms to mine:
- DungareesOnline - the gloves are out of stock and they aren't planning to reorder them. (I checked)
- BareBones WorkWear on Amazon.com - shipping to the UK is three times the price of the gloves
- Nyack General Store - don't have them in medium
- G&L Clothing - shipping to the UK is four times the price of the gloves
- Carhartt USA website - ony accepts billing addresses in the USA or Canada
- Sears - gloves not available for international shipping
- MyAmericanShopper, NYBox, Borderlink, Reship.com, USAmail1 - all have fairly expensive minimum shipping charges to the UK - the cheapest so far is Skybox