New Years Eve @ home Filter: Lets say you and your partner decide to stay at home for new years and you have pooled your money together to have $400 to blow on the whole evening (food, alcohol, general supplies/decorations/presents/whatever). How would YOU spend that budget? Describe your fantasy new years eve under that budget. Best suggestion wins a cookie. Additional requirements within....
After my last question
my partner and I have decided to take Mr.MoonPie's advice
stay in for NYE and put the money we would have spent on hotel and dinner and just make ourselves a spectacular meal and create a romantic experience for ourselves in the home that we share. We are each throwing in 200$ towards it so we have a $400 budget that has to pay for all the food, all the alcohol, and anything else that we may need or want
(candle holders, flowers, fancy condoms, an armadillo hat, etc). We may also have a little extra money to work with if we have money left over from our usual monthly food budget. I'm looking for ideas on how/where to spend that money so that it is a memorable, fun, and romantic time.
- meal must consist of at least three courses
(appetizer, main, dessert) that we cook ourselves (you can assume that we have the skill to cook anything you suggest)
- need sparkling wine/champagne for toasting at midnight
- need bottle of wine to consume during dinner
- entire time must be spent at our house
. No going down town to watch fire works or anything like that since we live way out of town and taking a cab anywhere else isn't practical.
THINGS WE HAVE TO WORK WITH:
- a fireplace in the living room
- a well stocked kitchen with most kitchen gadgets you could ever want for
- a really fancy surround sound giant tv entertainment centre
- empty house (we share custody of his four year old son with his ex-wife so we have a high energy kid running circles around us half the time.)
- a queen size bed in a small bedroom that (unfortuneately) also includes a computer desk and whatnot (not terribly romantic a setting and difficult to make it so)
- we aren't at all against schmaltz and cheesy touchy feely emotional romance stuff. we actually like that stuff.
- preferable if some sort of New Years Day breakfast/brunch was included in the plan but that isn't necessary
- this is our first new years eve together so we would like to make is special
- it is an opportunity to create traditions since this is our first so including fun things we can do each year would be great