I need new, durable headphones. Again.
November 28, 2011 10:21 AM Subscribe
I've had enough of all of my Shure in-ear isolating earbuds dying on one side. My right bud died suddenly, and this is the third pair in a row. I've had this pair for less than 6 months. Could you recommend a durable pair of isolating/noise cancelling earbuds/headphones with a few requirements?
posted by flibbertigibbet to shopping (32 answers total) 18 users marked this as a favorite
1. Isolating. Not necessarily noise cancelling, but I'm becoming less and less enchanted with the in-ears since I find they irritate my ear canal, so I'm willing to try noise cancelling.
2. DURABLE. I'm going to be carrying 'em around in purses and knapsacks. I don't want another right earbud dying.
3. Portable. Huge hulking behemoths need not apply.
4. Of a size that would work on my tiny wee head--I'm a 5'3'' girl and a lot of good-quality headsets are simply too big to fit on my head. (I once duct taped some foam to one set, simply so that the foam would rest on my head.)
5. Solid sound quality. I'm not asking for professional level, but I want my music to sound OK.
6. Up to $300 Canadian, before tax.