August 4, 2011 6:40 AM Subscribe
Help me make the best and most nutritious breakfast smoothie? (Gluten-free)
posted by modoriculous to food & drink (18 answers total) 16 users marked this as a favorite
I recently found out I have an allergy to gluten. So in my quest to find new and healthier foods to eat for my new lifestyle I have gotten really into breakfast smoothies!
Currently, for a 1 person 16 oz smoothie I'm using 1 banana, 1 apple, some Stonyfield French Vanilla yogurt, a little milk, frozen mixed berries, and some protein powder. I really enjoy it and it tastes great considering I don't like bananas and have never had them before this.
However, I would like everyone to chime in on all aspects of this smoothie and suggestions for other types of smoothies. Some questions include:
1. Is this smoothie sufficient for breakfast? Meaning I don't need to eat anything else.
2. Should I be eating even more fruit after this during the day or is this enough?
3. Are there any other ingredients you can suggest to improve the nutrition aspect of this smoothie (allergic to flax seed possibly)?
4. Is it possible to eat too much fruit?
5. I've been told I need some fat to help digest the fruit, is the milk and yogurt sufficient for this?
I've always had a very hard time being interested in eating fruit, so I'm finding this a great way to actually eat some healthy fruits.