Autoexposure bracketing question about the T2i...

AEB on a Canon T2i. Is there any software to allow more than 3 exposures while using AEB on a T2i?

I've read about CHDK for point and shoot cameras and Magic Lantern for DSLR video but I can't find any software mods to increase the number of exposures I can take in one pass.
posted by no bueno to Technology (4 answers total)
Is there a reason you couldn't just make these exposures manually?
posted by j03 at 8:00 PM on May 17, 2011

I haven't gotten around to installing Magic Lantern on my 550D (T2i to Americans) yet, but I think it does this.

"AE Bracketing for HDR images and timelapses.
Select number of images with SET and step size with DISP. To turn this off quickly, press Q."

posted by Aiwen at 4:32 AM on May 18, 2011

@j03 - when you're trying to do HDR images you don't want to touch the camera to change the settings or else you'll end up with ghosting in your final image.

@aiwen - Thanks, I didn't think it did that but I'll install it this weekend. Check back next week if you want a progress update.
posted by no bueno at 1:02 PM on May 18, 2011

If you have to do it manually (I tend to bracket a stop around +1, so 0,+1, +2, then bracket around -2, so -3, -2, -1) you can use something like align/enfuse to make sure it all comes out allright. Of course, if you're on a tripod to start with...
posted by notsnot at 3:01 PM on May 18, 2011

« Older A man might be cheating on his...   |  How can I type the degree sign... Newer »