It slices, it dices?
February 23, 2011 12:31 PM Subscribe
I am looking for video editing software very similar to programs used by college sports teams to make 'cutups' of game footage.
posted by jopreacher to technology (6 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
What the software needs to do:
- Let me import video clips.
- Let me easily chop that clip into pieces and save them as their own files.
- Let me tag each of those video clips with at least 6 items of metadata + comments.
- That metadata should be exportable to csv/excel/something and include the name of the clip as one of those metadata fields.
- I'd also like to be able to 'mark up' the video ala Madden/ other NFL sportscasters - but this isn't a dealbreaker.
I have found several software packages meant for sports coaches that do a lot of these things, but honestly, they don't seem like very professional software companies. The quality of the software I have been able to get my hands on to try has been buggy and poorly documented. Also, very few have a trial, they all want to 'give me a demo' but since I am not going to use it for a sports-specific purpose, I never even hear back from them. I'm also unwilling to buy software I can't have a trial of. I need to use it in my environment to check performance and if it fits our workflow.