In search of a project note organization system for Windows

I'm looking for a Windows-based (or online/multi-platform) program to organize my various notes, with the ability to sort by contact name, contact phone number, project name, and date(s). More thoughts inside.

I take calls and make notes to myself about a variety of ongoing projects. My projects have individual names, and there could be a variety of people associated with those projects. And there are some people who work on a number of projects, some projects completely unrelated, yet running concurrently.

I would like to be able to quickly jump to the information I entered or received on a certain date, regardless of project, or sort project information by date and contact, or sort information from/about a contact across projects. Is there any database + notation system like this that exists for personal use? Or should I work on a personal system that is more orderly? Thanks!
posted by filthy light thief to Technology (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

have you tried Evernote? you can search thru everything yet also have it tagged and put in notebooks as you see fit.

there is a windows client for it for offline use, as well as apps for mobile.
posted by sio42 at 9:32 AM on February 11, 2011

Evernote^2
posted by dougrayrankin at 9:45 AM on February 11, 2011

Evernote!

Tiddly Wiki

PBWiki
posted by TeachTheDead at 10:23 AM on February 11, 2011

Evernote is great, but since you talked about contacts, Highrise HQ might work too. You need to pay if you're running multiple projects, though.
posted by matildaben at 12:19 PM on February 11, 2011

Batchbook is similar to Highrise, but with better tagging. They have a free plan for 200 contacts.
posted by djb at 1:43 PM on February 11, 2011

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into stuff this weekend!
posted by filthy light thief at 9:29 AM on February 12, 2011

« Older How (un)healthy is stir fry, a...   |  I made a turn in my life about... Newer »