How do you get your kid out the door in the morning?
November 3, 2010 9:29 AM Subscribe
Do you have any unusual methods for getting your school-age children out the door in time to catch the bus?
posted by The corpse in the library to grab bag (35 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite
My eight-year-old son has tremendous problems getting ready for school in time. I've heard all the usual advice about how to get a child ready in the morning, and it just doesn't work.
Things we already do:
- early bedtime
- simple routine
- set out things the night before
- plenty of time in the morning
- sticker chart for getting ready in time
- not play until he's ready for school
- lose our tempers and shout a lot
We're too far from his school, along busy roads, for him to walk or ride his bike if he misses the bus.
Do you have any tricks that I might not have already tried?