- who else should be on there? Looking for performance artists, schools, companies, places, and other things that share characteristics of activism, creativity, and pure awesome.
I'm building a Map of Awesome as a way to keep track of the myriad of awesome creative projects, performers, and organisations I hear about every so often. It's pretty open-ended, but here are some common characteristics:
* It's something creative, usually performance-based but not necessarily (I have things like TED and Pop!Tech in there)
* There's a level of activism, or at least making a difference/spreading the message
* Quite a lot of feminism, queer politics, anti-racist/minority issues, human sexuality, gender theory
* Great appreciation for the totally random (such as ROFLCON)
* Lots of circus, burlesque, physical theatre; also adding in various events and festivals
Based on the above, and based on what's on the map already, what else would you recommend I add? Is there a big festival or event that I'm missing out on? An itinerant director/performer whose work fits those lines? Some sort of conference that's a hidden gem? A dream school for awesome people?
I'm especially interested in things outside the US, UK, and Australia, mainly because my map's so saturated with entries from there (all the fun stuff seems to be in San Francisco!). Also it doesn't have to be performance-oriented or even performance-related; that's just the stuff I've mapped out so far, but I'm open to all sorts of awesome.
Some of the content of the map has come from these AskMefi qs: 1
- any related Qs would make good pointers too!